Monday, June 13, 2011

Its York.

Not the air compressor brand if that is what comes into your mind for the first thing when you hear the word York. It is actually a beautiful place in U.K. =) You could practically step on golds when you are in York but you wont be pleased when you stepped on them. Ha ha...its actually goose droppings. Those goose are so carefree till they just eat anywhere they want and shit everywhere they like.


Anyway, the following is for your viewing pleasure. ;)


I can easily find such signboard when I was in York but I hardly find any in Malaysia tourist spot. The only reason that I can think of why is because the vandalism rate in Malaysia. More education and conscience needed to be instilled in the heart of the "rakyat" for a cleaner and better Malaysia eh.


River Ouse. The water looks so clean and huge. Ha ha ha Malaysian's river are just so teh tarik.


Hot chicks rowing. =) It is Saturday and they are training hard.


Clifford's Tower. Remnants of past castle I suppose. Need to pay though if you wish to go inside. Being the kiam siap me, I would just take photos from the outside la.




When you are in York, such buildings are common sight. I am not sure if it is very old or the British architecture design it in such a way. It is pleasant though.


Over here, there isn't shopping mall like what we have in Malaysia. No Megamall, no Pavillion, no One Utama. Theirs are shopping streets. Not sure of the rationale behind it but I believe they prefer the sun and this may preserve more energy in terms of air conditioning and artificial lighting.




The market. Ha ha neither it is morning market nor night market. But it is similar to what we has in Malaysia. Snacks, drinks, flowers, dresses, hats. The difference is it is cleaner.




Tried the Kangaroo burger. It tastes ... well ... quite good. Ha ha...sorry to the Australian. =P


Saw this band march while hanging around the market. Not sure why they were there in the first place but I suppose I am lucky to come across the band march.


And how could I let this wonderful chance to slip away. CAMWHORE time!!!! Ahahahahaks....yea baby.


Whip-ma-whop-ma-gate. Its the shortest street in York as they claims. Not sure how short it is.






I think this is the Whip-ma-whop-ma-gate street. See, it is short isn't it. Less than 20 steps.


The best part in York must be this. The York Minster. From far away, I could listen to the bells chime soothing my mind. Ahhh...those grand churches that I only been seeing it in the television.


I can't possibly explain it in words of how I felt about the church. Perhaps, majestic might be the ideal words. Oh well, hope you guys feel it a little too when you are browsing this blog. A must-visit-place if you got the chance to be in the York.


One of the York Minster's tower.




"Yo, I am here, It's York Minster. He he he..."










Budding daisy at the Dean's Park. It just next to the York Minster. Plenty of it in that garden.




Camwhored when I was in the York Minster. Sad thing that I cant explore the York Minster as entry fee are needed. I don't have a DSLR or compact camera, so never I thought of going in at all.


The York Minster view from the City's Wall.


Sahaja self-shot. Ha ha ha ha...


The Treasurer's House. This reminds me of my high school life. Almost all of the post I hold in the societies, clubs or board are treasury related. Even when it is within the buddy group, I am once responsible for keeping the group's money. And now, I am doing quantity surveying. It is just soooo money business for me. Ha ha ha...hope in the future, the money I have is enough until I can share it with the less fortunate.


My coursemates. (L-R) MC Yap, Wee Lee, Jia Yi, and Seng Hiap.


Had this Danish Pastry. Was hungry even after I had my sandwiches. Ha ha taste nice for the first three bites but it got too sweet after that. =/


The pub next to the River Ouse. Ha ha plenty of chicks and hunks were drinking that day even though it is only 4.30pm!!! Is alcohol really cheaper than the water here? Ha ha ha...

No comments: