Saturday, June 4, 2011

D1 - Mixed feelings

Hello peeps, here I am, blogging from Sheffield, U.K. =)

Had a really tiring transit from Manchester Airport to my hostel. Those roads was winding and the sun is burning when the light hits you. It is especially dizzy when you are curious and try to look into every place the bus pass by.

Since I had a terrible headache after consuming alcoholic drinks in the place, I decided to catch some forty winks but the bus condition is even lousier than my house's Kelisa. Could you imagine a normal bus that you could see everywhere on the road in Malaysia but with about 50 seats in it? It just too damn packed la. The bloody bus's air conditioning is another failure. It wasn't working at all to my definition. Lucky that I sat behind the driver and only his windows can be opened so I get some fresh air occasionally. Wonder how those people sitting behind can tahan it. Cilaka betul.

That is just a bad opening for my adventure in Sheffield. Ha ha...people always said good things doesn't come alone. I think this same goes to the bad things as well.

I will be staying alone for about a month before those Briton seniors completely move out for their summer holidays. So basically right now, I am living with a group of unknown. Ha ha but my best guess is these unknowns are boys with low discipline on cleanliness and hygiene. The kitchen is in a mess.

Anyway, went for a walk and had my dinner in McD. Foreigners close their shop as early as 6pm. This is so unlike Asian who closes at 8 or 9pm. For the first time, I feel intimidated when trying to order fast food. Ha ha...such things never happens when you are in your home country and you know best of the menu like the back of your hand.

I feel intimidated because the knowledge that I have is isn't enough. I just don't know what the menu says or means.
I feel scared because I practically a foreigner in a foreign country. No one speaks the language that I do.
I feel excited for a small chance to experience oversea study. Even if it a short time frame.
I feel indebted to those who support me financially and morally.
I feel poor because the our money is so small compared to them.
I feel small because the world is large.
And I do feel lonely when the culture here is a stranger to me.

Such is a chance to see whats in me.
Such is an opportunity to do what I can do for myself for the better or the bad.
Such is the test to brings the values in me.

A growth it must. =)

So is this homesick? Or it is growth? Ha ha you tell me.

No comments: