Monday, June 6, 2011

Jalan Jalan Cari Makan

Yoo ho ho ho ho...went around the Sheffield town this two days. Their buildings definitely looks nicer than those in Malaysia. Ha ha ha other than that nothing much special. Perhaps I am not those easily amazed by anything. Anyway let the pictures do the talking la. Mind you I do not know what are those building for and not even their name. Simply hit the capture button saja like no take will hilang seketul emas. Ha ha ...










They don't have huge mall like Pavillion or Mid Valley Megamall. Most of them are individual shops along the both side of some park or walkway.







This porridge costs me £4 in some chinese restaurant. Ha ha naik kapal punya incident. Its the cheapest in the menu anyway except those dim sums. But dim sums are not as filling as this and 2 small plates of dim sums will cost me minimum £5. If I gonna eat dim sums ge wah then it will be superb expensive. Definitely a no no for me. Their menu had other single order like those 3 Siew Rice and "Steam Beef Rice" which I don't know how to properly translate it into English. They cost about £8 and the portion can feed two persons actually. Its a lot la but this porridge is the best choice in my opinion. Simply because I am a cheapskate fella and I don't want to spend that much on a single meal. Masakan Cina summore wor lagi tak mau la. Well, I suppose that I gonna stay as a cheapskate fella for few months. Ha ha...but one thing surprise me is that those Hongkie waiter working in the restaurant don't understand English or Mandarin. Feel bad for them, you know. At first we use Mandarin to communicate with them, they stunned, then I thought they speak English, so switch channel and they stunned again. Maybe we speaking alien language because we are Malaysian. Ha ha ha... But I wont "kerana nila setitik, rosak susu sebelanga" geh, some of them still speak Mandarin but really not that much of English at all. It is still a packed restaurant anyway. =)

3 comments:

Andy said...

You'll soon be amazed the fact that most people do not understand Malaysian's English..

oja said...

andy, yea wor and they really like to use 'please'. so polite and so not-malaysian english. really to brush up my English. not gonna let this chance to slip away anyway. hahaha...

Andy said...

Have fun and don't forget to visit me!